Here are a few info about the hike on Saturday 28th March. If you’d like to join us, please email email@example.com by the 20th of December
(even if you have expressed interest before).
You will leave Padova on Friday afternoon, around 15:00. We will book a mountain hut/hostel where to spend the Friday night, and we will come back to Padova on Saturday evening.
We have a couple of options, and we will decide the exact location closer the time depending on weather conditions.
The hike will require a minimal level of fitness. We will be walking for approximately 12 km, with 800m climb. It will take us around 6 hours.
– Snowshoes and hiking poles (we will look at hiring these in Padova)
– Winter hiking boots (broken in, or bring blister plasters!) suitable to wear with snow shoes
– Hiking trousers, fleece/warm jumper, winter jacket, windstopper
– Backpack for spare layers and snacks
– Transfer to the mountains and back (depending on numbers): 60 euro
– 1 night in mountain hut/hostel: no more than 70-80 euro
– Friday night and Saturday meals: TBC
– Snowshoes/walking poles hire (depending on weather): TBC
– Saturday night in Padova (please be aware that this won’t be organised by us, as everyone will have different preferences and needs).
– The Saturday hike is by no means part of the CINCHRON meeting itself. It is entirely your decision to join this activity, and all costs and responsibilities will be your own.
– Costs are only estimates and will depend on numbers
– The Saturday night will not be organised by us because everyone will have different needs and priorities. If you are staying in Padova, you will have to contact the hotel of your choice on your own.
– The hike will require a minimal level of fitness. previous experience with snowshoes is not mandatory, but recommended. We will be walking in a group and we will not leave anyone behind, but be considerate and use your best judgement.